What is the future of self-driving cars?

This forum is to talk about artificial intelligence and machine learning
Mark

What is the future of self-driving cars?

Post by Mark »

today, we have already some cars that can drive by themselves effectively in some reasonable situations but still require humans to oversee in case of problems. So what is the future for self driving cars? What features they will have that they dont have today?
gmc

Re: What is the future of self-driving cars?

Post by gmc »

I think we will maybe have the flying cars. But i should likely say drone instead of cars. Drones with passengers like air taxis
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

I think we will get to the point where all vehicules will be controled by the same artificial intelligence so as to maximize speed and reduce traffic jams. All cars will communicate and échange data.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Yes, that could not only save time, but also optimize fuel/electricity consumption for transportation. But still a problem is that many people drive their car alone rather than with passengers. A more efficient transportation system would also optimize the number of passengers per vehicle.
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

yes But i dont think people are ready to share their cars or at least not everyone but i see your point
Mark

Post by Mark »

yes i agree with you, i would not share my car either :D
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Many years after the "full self driving " by Tesla, these cars are still not autonomous. I guess we still need several years to deal with the problems.