Free online course on pattern mining (BETA)

This is for discussing anything related to pattern mining (e.g. itemsets, sequential patterns, subgraph mining)
admin
Site Admin

Free online course on pattern mining (BETA)

Post by admin »

Hi all,

I have started to create a free online course on pattern mining to explain all the basics about it, and give an overview of the main topics. This is designed for students who are new to the field or those who wants to learn more about specific topics. This is the webpage of this free pattern mining course:

http://www.philippe-fournier-viger.com/ ... /index.php

It is a beta version because although I have recorded several videos already on different topics, I still want to add more. For example, I want to add more details on subgraph mining, episode mining and sequential rule mining, and talk about classification with association rules among other things. Besides, I plan to add some exercises with answers for each topic. And I also want to add some tutorial of how to use SPMF in that page so that each topic can be tried using the software.

If you have any suggestions about it, it is very welcome. I will try to take them into account.

Hope that this free course can be useful for students.

here are also more videos about pattern mining on my Youtube channel (talks etc.), which are not organized as a course, but can be interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk26Ei ... QniOV_oyQ/

Philippe
Lucy

Re: Free online course on pattern mining (BETA)

Post by Lucy »

Thanks. That is look interesting!
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

The content looks great. I will share it with my friends who are interested in that topic area.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have added some new videos recently:
- Sequential rule mining
- CMRules
- Periodic itemset mining

Philippe
gmc

Post by gmc »

When will you update it with new videos?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, i was quite busy teaching during the Fall semester. In the next month or two, I will start putting more videos again. It is just a question of time available for preparing videos. I think the next video will be about episode mining.