ChatGPT?

This forum is to talk about artificial intelligence and machine learning
Gerald

ChatGPT?

Post by Gerald »

What do you guy think about ChatGPT and other chatbots? I think that the progress in AI are amazing. Maybe we will start using more bots. Your thoughts?
Lucy

Re: ChatGPT?

Post by Lucy »

I am not very impressed by chatbots like ChatGPT. I think the technology is still too limited. They can generate text, yes, but the quality is sometimes not good and more importantly it cannot ensures that the facts are true since it does not search for information but rather generate text based on what has been stored in the weights of the neural networks. Thus, there is no way to ensure that what is generated is accurate in terms of facts.

I also doubts that these AI systems will understand humor or sarcasm anytime soon. In my opinion, a chatbot like ChatGPT is mainly for fun. It is still a stupid AI.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I would like to try the CHATGPT of OPENAI but the problem is that I cannot create an account without a phone number from a valid country... Too bad, because it looks cool.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I tried it. It is quite impressive what it can do. But the problem is that the output cannot be really trusted. Sometimes it is correct and sometimes it provides incorrect information. I guess that there will be some improvement to fix that problem in the future. In the meantime, I think one certainly needs to check the output carefully for errors if it is to be used for anything.