Lets start a fun discussion. What are your top 5 favorite pattern mining algorithms?
For me, there are many. But If I would have to choose some it would be:
1. Apriori : because it has inspired so many other algorithms
2. PrefixSpan : because it is a simple algorithm for sequential pattern mining that is quite efficient, even though it is not the best anymore
3. FHM : Ok, that is my own algorithm But I have to choose an algorithm for high utility itemset mining and this is one is relatively efficient yet simple. I could have also mentionned HUI-Miner since FHM is based on HUI-Miner.
4. Eclat : One of the most important algorithm for itemset mining using a vertical database.
5. MINEPI: An old algorithm but the first one for episode mining, which is also an important topic in pattern mining.
What is your top 5 ?