Lets say that I want to make some commercial software or website and use some algorithms from SPMF in it. Is it possible?
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, SPMF can be used in commercial or non commercial software. However, you still need to respect the GPL v3 license (http://philippe-fournier-viger.com/spmf/gpl.txt). This license gives four main freedoms:
- Obtain and run the program for any purpose (commercial or not)
- Get a copy of the source code
- Modify the source code
- Re-distribute the modified source code
The only restriction is that if you want to redistribute the software, you must:
- provide access to the source code,
- license derived work under the same GPL v3 license
That is the main idea. More details are in the GPL license.