how to check what Is a good conference or journal?

Here you can discuss any topics related to data mining and big data
Mark

how to check what Is a good conference or journal?

Post by Mark »

Hello

I would like to know how can I check if a conference or journal Is good? how do you determine that? I see so many papers from many conference and journals but dont know how to filter them
Lin

Re: how to check what Is a good conference or journal?

Post by Lin »

I think IEEE, Springer, ACM conferences are quite good in general
gmc

Post by gmc »

Be careful. some IEEE conferences are good.. But some conferences that are sponsored by the IEEE may not be as good
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks guys for the feesback. I indeed saw several low qualité conferences with the name of IEEE on their websites
gmc

Post by gmc »

By the way, you can also check some conference rankings like CORE etc. That can give some idea but it Can also be misleading
Gerald

Post by Gerald »

recently, i receive so much spam about conferences. many of them look like garbage.... I think there are too many
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think what has been said above is correct.

A good way is to focus on some well-known publishers and to check the rankings for conferences and journals. However, several ranking have some inconsistencies and the ranks do not always reflect the quality of the conferences. I think the best way is to ask researchers that are working in the domain. Also, by looking at published papers you can see where the most popular papers in your field are published or where the top researchers in your field are publishing. This can also give some indication. You may also download a few papers from a conference or journals and look at how old it is.